Yosemite Sierra Artists 52nd Annual – Open Art Competition and Exhibition
EXHIBIT – June 10, 2023 – July 16, 2023
DEADLINE TO ENTER – Saturday, May 20, 2023
ART INTAKE – Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 11 AM – 5 PM
RECEPTION – Saturday, June 10, 2023, 5-7 PM
PICK UP – Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 11-5 PM
Yosemite Gateway Art Center/Gallery 5, 40982 Highway 41, Oakhurst, CA 93644
The show will also exhibit online at MettaGallery.com
Best of Show: $200 + ribbon.
In each category:
First Place: $60 + ribbon
Second Place: $40 + Ribbon
Third Place: $20 + Ribbon
Honorable Mention: Ribbon
Awards will be made at the Opening Reception and later posted on the YSA website, www.yosemitesierraartists.org.
All art to be submitted on Smarter Entry by May 20, 2023, at 11:59 PM (PDT).
YSA Members: $20 1st entry and $10 each additional piece (You must use unique YSA code that will be provided to each member to receive the discount on Smarter Entry.)
Non-Members: $30 1st entry and $20 each additional piece
Non-members may join YSA prior to entering and receive the member discount on entry fees.
1. All media exhibit including but not limited to painting, photography and sculpture. Artwork must be 100% original except prints such as photography, woodcuts, lithographs etc.
2. Entry into the competition and exhibits means the artist will abide by the rules and any exhibition of their work is at their own risk.
3. This is an open competition and exhibit. All artists are guaranteed at least one entry will be accepted as long as it is not offensive to any race, creed, or gender. Additional works from artists will be accepted based on category and exhibit space. Artists will receive notification of works accepted by email on June 1, 2023. Make sure that emails from YSA are being accepted by your email client.
4. Artwork must have been completed within the last three years and submitted by the artist(s). Work shown in previous Yosemite Sierra Artists or Yosemite Western Artists competitions will not be accepted.
5. Artwork must be properly identified with a completed entry form attached to it.
6. All two-dimensional artwork must be strung with wire for hanging in the upper third of the frame. No saw tooth hangers. Sculpture/3-D entries may include podium or other display case or stand. Fiber works must be hangable. All frames must be in good condition.
7. Maximum overall size is limited to 30×40. The Minimum size including frame is 8×10 inches. Any art piece larger or smaller may or may not be selected depending on the Exhibit Committee.
8. A minimum of five (5) artists entering in a category is required for monetary awards. Categories may be combined for judging purposes at the discretion of the Exhibit Committee. Names of judges will be made public after judging is complete.
9. No work may be removed during the exhibit without permission of the Exhibit Committee.
10. Artist(s) that receive awards agree to allow image(s) of their artwork to be posted on the YSA website and YSA social media sites.
All sales will be made by Gallery 5 for which they will receive a 30% commission. Commission will be deducted from payment to the artist. Gallery 5 will be responsible for collecting sales tax.
LIABILITY AT IN-PERSON PHYSICAL VENUE
All physical entries will be handled with the utmost care, but Yosemite Sierra Artists and Gallery 5 will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any entry from any cause whatsoever, including transportation, fire, storage, showing, or theft.
INTAKE/PICKUP of ARTWORK
Please deliver artwork to Gallery 5, Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 11 AM – 5 PM
5 Gallery – 40982 Highway 41, Oakhurst, CA 93644.
Remember to attach a completed entry form to the artwork.
(If you are working you may arrange to have a relative or friend deliver it for you.)
PICKUP of Unsold ART at the END of EXHIBIT
Wednesday, July 19, 2023, from 11AM – 5 PM at 5 Gallery – 40982 Highway 41, Oakhurst, CA 93644. There is no storage at the venue. Neither the Exhibit Committee nor Gallery 5 are responsible for work not picked up.